Four Elements 4-elements.org is a Non-Profit Organization and Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) based in Athens and other 6 cities nationwide (Thessaloniki Patras, Drama, Kalamata, Heraklion and Ioannina). Four Elements established in 2007 and it is an innovative and pioneering Greek organization, participating in European networks with worldwide activity.
The 4 elements stand for Vulnerable Groups, Education, Health & Social Care and Green Economy. Four Elements is certified both by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Health. It has 20 people permanent staff and involves more than 50 active volunteers.
Four Elements runs in 2018 more than 30 programs financed by the European Commission and other financial mechanisms. Some of them focuse on issues pertaining to:
- Social inclusion
- Gender equality
- Employability and equal opportunities
- Scientific research and the development of know-how in social policy issues
- Education and capacity building
- Media violence
Since its establishment four ELEMENTS has undertaken numerous projects and programmes, many in collaboration with large well-established organizations both in Greece and abroad, targeting the following societal groups:
- Women and especially women in difficult situations
- Immigrants and refugees
- Children at risk of trafficking and exploitation
- Persons with physical disabilities and mental disorders
- Long-term unemployed and those with low professional qualifications
four ELEMENTS mission is to contribute towards sustainable development and efficient utilization of all available resources in society for creating better living environments.